An Applicant, Candidate or Certificant may submit an appeal of an adverse APCA action or decision based on any of the following reasons:
- The Applicant/Candidate was found to be ineligible to take or complete an examination.
- The candidate did not pass or successfully complete the examination due to the following reasons: (1) disruptive examination conditions, (2) absence from an examination appointment due to a medical situation, (3) loss/bereavement, or (4) inclement weather.
An appeal must be made in writing and submitted by one of the following methods:
- In MY APCA, upload a new document under "Uploaded Documents" in the the "My Resources" tab. Select Pearson VUE Appeals.
- E-mail to email@example.com with the subject line, "Appeal".
- Letter mailed to the following address:
APCA, Attn: Appeal
1401 Rockville Pike, Suite 600
Rockville, MD 20852-1402
- Fax to (301) 424-2095, Attn: Appeal.
The grounds for appeals to the review panel are only for those stated in the previous sentence. Actions regarding APCA compliance policy may not be appealed to the APCA Review Panel.
Please note that if you choose to reapply for the examination prior to receiving the determination of your appeal, your appeal is no longer valid and you forfeit the determination.